- A polyline is an object in AutoCAD that consists of one or more line (or arc) segments. A rectangle is an example of a polyline that you are already familiar with. As you've seen, it is one object that can be modified and worked with easier than four separate lines.
- A 2D polyline is a connected sequence of segments created as a single planar object. You can create straight line segments, arc segments, or a combination of the two.
Benefits of Ploylines:
- From the moment a polyline contains more than one segment, the area becomes a property.
- One or more selected polylines can be closed or opened by changing the closed property from no to yes, and vice versa.
- line width can be applied on plines only.